I need to know more about music... cause I love it. I have found it very difficult to have an interesting conversation about music when all you can say is, "I really like that one song by that one band with the hot guy.....I like his socks..." No one gets it... I dont know why!
so I am starting with this list that tells the top 100 band according to somebody. That is why I started with Zeppelin...number one my ass.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Today, I was told that if you don't love Led Zeppelin, you are a horrible person. I DO NOT love Zeppelin. I am okay with being a horrible person.
Reasons to not believe that Led Zeppelin is the best band of all time:
1. Robert Plant - Sorry, but his vocals suck. Technically, he is fine, but he has no soul...no force.
2. Jimmy Page riffs - Sometimes they sound like a creaky door and that is really irritating to me. People complain about nails on chalk boards, which I dont understand, but I imagine they are feeling the say I feel when I hear Jimmy Page live solos...
3. John Bonham solos - good, solid player, but 20 minute solos? come on! BORING!!!
4. Songs like "Dyer Maker" and "The Rain Song" - enough said.
5. Their songs are tttoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo llllllllllllllllloooooooooonggggggg!!!
6. They are ridiculously overplayed.
7. They are overrated. Yes, they are. Believe me....they are.
8. They are egotistical assholes. I just dont like assholes... Not musical ones anyway.